Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Another Email From Judene....

Yes, our experience with the foster families for the Bao'An Babes is very good. Many of their children go into foster care. It gives the children a much better opportunity to be in a family setting, to go to local schools and to begin adjusting to the outside world. Bao'An does an exceptionally good job of receiving the packages and sharing them with the child. Usually, the child comes back to the orphanage a couple of weeks before being united with their family so that they can adjust and be ready. When she comes back she will most likely be in the big activity room that I go to each Wednesday afternoon. Oh, I wish you could see this room. It is such a blessing. There are maybe 30-40 children...various ages...various abilities...various special needs...running, playing, screaming, fighting (of course), and just being children. It's great! Today, the Lord blessed me in this room in such a magnificent way. I do not have children of my own, but you will certainly know the feeling I am about to describe. We have helped several of these children through medical interventions. I have gotten to know them and have grown close to them. Every now and again one of them would stop what they were playing with and come over and just lean against me. Not that "starved for attention" feeling, but just wanting to be next to me. It is one of the many special things they do with me that is nearly indescribable. These kids are so great. Your Bao Xin Mei is going to be so fun for you. I'm looking forward to meeting you when you are here! Please keep me posted on your travel dates.
Blessings,
Judene Irvine
P.S. Today, my liaison spent a good deal of time telling me how much they miss their children when they go to foreign families and that they know they will maybe only see pictures of them after they leave, but they know that the children going overseas will have wonderful lives and they know the mothers and fathers love their children so much. I wish you could have been with me while she described the true joy they experience when their children are adopted by overseas families. After the families go back home, many of them send me pictures every now and again and I print them out and take them in for the caregivers and staff and children to see. Lots of laughing and giggles and "wow's" from everyone. Very cute.

No comments: