Friday, January 25, 2008

Update on Kennedi!

I woke up this morning to an email from a sweet Christian lady named Judene. Her and her staff visit Kennedi's orphanage, and the other one in Shenzhen, every week and a couple weeks ago she was looking for us. She said at that point that when they visit the orphanage, Judene and her staff call Kennedi, Aimee. She was going to check in on her and let us know. Well, here is her email:
Your little Bao Xin Mei is a doll! We used to see her every Wednesday afternoon during our regular visit. Then a few months ago, she went to foster care. This is something the BaoAn orphanage does for many of their children that are being adopted. It gives these children an opportunity to prepare for being part of a family and living in the outside world. Anyway, Bao Xin Mei's foster family is involved with a local school so I know that she is attending that school and learning alot of English. She is healthy, happy and in a very loving environment. She is an adorable child and I'm sure she will be a blessing to you and your family.
So, she is with a foster family now. Many times once families receive their RA (which is what we just received), they put them back into the orphanage to prepare to leave. Talk about moving around! BUT Judene also seems to know the family Kennedi is with and says she is in a loving invironment and learning ALOT of English! That is great! So, I emailed Judene back to see if she will be returning to the orphanage and if there is any way we can stay in contact with the foster family. What a blessing Judene and her staff are!

1 comment:

Amy Woods said...

What a blessing! I'm so thankful for people who just volunteer information like that. She's almost home, Tina!