Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Day out on our own!

Our three kiddos taking a picture by the interesting statues!
This was so interesting. These people have like badmitton rackets and a ball that they are balancing on the racket while they are doing a dance and spinning the rackets without dropping the ball! Amazing!
Our three kiddos again. This pond was FULL of fish. Thanks Jenni for the hat-Katelyn has been wearing it! :)
Bradley had to take a picture by the elephant!
Okay Papa, this one's for you! Dangerous At The Bank! Really it was a sign by the edge of a walkway and the lake was at the bottom so they don't want you to get too close to the side!
Love the English translations! This I think they were trying to say don't walk on the flowers because they're pretty!
These are the flowers they don't want you to hurt!
He was scooping up leaves out of the lake
A beautiful waterfall
Everyone exercises here. No wonder they are not overweight! We work all the time and they exercise all the time! Even this old lady with her leg up like a ballerina and the man in his business suit!
Tai Chi
Our type of Chinese Food! These we bought at the Friendship Store yesterday!
Kennedi, Katelyn, and Bradley
Look Leslie, I have your bow on!
YES! Starbucks!
Yes, this is us during our first stop at Starbucks! They unfortunately don't have my normal White Chocolate Mocha but I got a caramel frap and it was delicious! $60 yuan for 2 drinks! Sorry the picture is so dark, Mark took it! :) This was before we left for the park! Thanks Shannon for the hat (girls please tell her I said thanks, I know she doesn't check the internet). They confiscated my hairspray at the Beijing airport. They said NO liquids at all in your carryons (U.S. allows a small amount) so I took all the liquids out but left the rest. Well their security is so tight they dumped my whole bag out and took my hairspray and toothpaste! Luckily we had more toothpaste in the suitcase but no more hairspray so the hat came in handy today! So to get to the park we left out Starbucks and went down some stairs to where the metro train is which is also an underground walkway. Thank God because I don't want to go anywhere where we have to walk across a street! The cars do not stop, they don't! So we went underground and came up right where the park is. This was beautiful park but not your typical park. There were no areas of grass for the kids to just play. It was all hills, stairs, and beautiful trees and flowers. Everyone as you saw were exercising, EVERYONE! Tai Chi, Dancing, Hacky Sack, the ball with racket thing, yoga. This was our first encounter with feeling like a movie star! Everyone was staring and smiling at us, EVERYONE! It was very weird having everyone stare at you! We just went about our business. :) At one point we decided to climb some stairs. WoooowwwwWeeeeee! Those were some steep stairs and lots of them. We got our exercise today! By the time we got to the top we were all out of breath and drinking water. Some old people came up after us and were laughing. They were not out of breath at all and thought we were funny! It is very warm here today and the sun is actually out so we were all sweating by that point (Jeri, I was sweating like you do at work! LOL!!) so we decided to head back to the hotel! Once at the hotel we turned the air conditioning on full blast and put shorts on! Now the kids are watching Kai Lan (well Kennedi and Bradley are), Mark is laying on the bed watching soccer, and Katelyn and I are sitting here on the computer. We have to meet Amy at 2:45 to go to the police station for Kennedi's passport then come back. I think we'll just have Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwiches for lunch. For those of you wondering, no we haven't had any weird things to eat! We did find a very good Chinese restaurant in our hotel and enjoyed it very much but can't have it every day! :) Katelyn grossed out with the hanging ducks and chickens in the window! And also for those wondering, Kennedi is wearing looks like a size 4T but will maybe soon be in a 5T especially with her shirts. She's petite so the 4T pants fit her perfectly but she is a good eater so she'll be in 5T shirts not long from now! Patty, you'd be in heaven! I keep thinking about you! The girls dress so cute, you would be going crazy! Can't wait to go shopping tomorrow so I can find you something cool! We miss you all! Thanks for all your emails and posts of encouragement and well wishes! I'm amazed at how well everything is going! I better knock on wood huh! :) We can't wait to be home so you all can meet her yourselves! If I have more pictures from today I'll post again tonight, otherwise I'm sure we'll have tons of pictures tomorrow from the zoo and shopping. Stay tuned.........

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tina & Family,
Its great to see all of you together at last!! Kennedi is just beautiful!! Im glad everything is going so smoothly for you. I love being able to go in and share the rest of your journey with you. Your in my prayers!!
Love and many Blessings,
Desiree

Anonymous said...

Hi Salvador Family!

Oh...we are missing China so much! We are glad you are having a great time and that Kennedi is adjusting so well! She is such a cutie!!
Happy shopping! GZ is fun, fun, fun, for that!

Blessings,
The Barcelos Clan

Anonymous said...

Hi All~

Sarah just sat here and watched the pictures. She's so excited to see Kennedi, and how she is joining her family now in China, just like she did!!

Kathy