We're getting closer!! Today we had our two hour travel conference call with the adoption agency and all the other 24 families traveling with us! This may sound corny but it was neat to hear the other mom's voices (especially the SN moms that we have been emailing and "chatting" with for months now)! This call went over all the happenings while in China from the moment we step off the plane. We pretty much have eveything packed. We had to add a suitcase last night to stay under the weight limits. In China, you are limited to 44 lbs. PER PERSON. One of our suitcases was almost 10 lbs. over this so we added another piece of checked luggage. So now we have 4 suitcases (all under 44 lbs.!), 1 carry on suitcase, 1 dufflebag carry on, 1 backpack, and our laptop! WHEW! Makes me tired just thinking about it! :) Today we also got some updated measurements of Kennedi! Ann at Red Threads is the sweetest (if any of you reading are thinking about sending a care package, Ann is the best!). When I ordered Kennedi's package for New Year's the beginning of February, Ann called the orphanage to get her measurements for the outfit in her package. They told Ann she was now with a foster family so we were not able to get the measurements. When I found out that Kennedi had returned to the orphanage on Friday, I asked Ann if she would contact them again. She did and found out that Kennedi has grown 2 inches and gained 10 pounds since June! That's great news! Now I have more of an idea of what size she will wear. Looking on the US growth chart she is at the 5% for height and right on 50% for weight! :)










1 comment:
I hear you!! With only two of us traveling we have a little "situation" with our weight limit. We are taking two checked bags. One for each of us and unfortunately they both weigh about 50lbs. I'm TRYING!!! I don't know what else to take out! So we may pay a small fee and be done with it. We leave the house around 5:30 tomorrow morning. Yikes! Have fun packing the last little bit and I'll see you in China!
Post a Comment