Thursday, April 3, 2008

Already One Week Home!


Cannot believe that tomorrow marks one week home! We keep having to remind ourselves that it has ONLY been a week because it feels like Kennedi has always been here! Last night it was so cute because she said "Dad, don't go work"! How cute! Unfortunately he has to go to work to be able to afford three kids! LOL! :)

The pictures above are from when the kids went to my mom's to spend the afternoon and bake cookies. Kennedi thought that was just great! She continues to do really well, almost TOO well! Even our social worker called yesterday and was amazed! She said she sat aside an hour to talk to me but she was doing so well that the call only lasted maybe 15 minutes! Last night I am pleased to announce that I slept all night long for the first time! Tuesday night I did take 1 Tylenol PM and slept all night but could not hold my eyes open yesterday morning! It took me until noon to feel awake! So I vowed never to take those again unless I can sleep in the next morning! So last night, no meds, and a full night's sleep! Today we actually were able to get out of the house! The kids got out of school early (parent-teacher conferences) so we picked up some lunch and went into Fresno to stop by my office and surprise the girls. They were so excited to see her finally and it felt good to be somewhere out doing something! We then headed over to our favorite store, TARGET, for some need clothes for Kennedi. We finished up there and then headed home. It was a nice day.

I thought today I'd do something many other adopting mom's do on their blogs and I have been wanting to do for awhile and this week is the perfect week! It's called THANKFUL THURSDAY!

This Thursday I am so thankful for:

*My wonderful husband

*My so helpful 11 year old, Katelyn. She has helped so much and beyond with Kennedi and I appreciate her so much!

*My always funny and kind almost 8 year old, Bradley. He always has a way of making the girls like him and has something funny to say!

*For our adorable new almost 6 year old, Kennedi! God chose her specially for our family and everyone who meets her automatically say how perfect she is for us and we agree!

*For our parents for taking care of our house and pets while we were gone and for the delicious food for us when we returned

*For our friends and their continued support and love

*For my blog buddies for all their prayers, support, and still checking in on us even though we are now home!

Man, this list could go on and on but I will stop for now! There are 3 families that I have become close to through our blogging (Teagues, Feagans, and Mitchells) and they are currently in China with their new little ones (we passed them in the air!). If you have time, check their blogs out (listed on the left here-scroll down a little), they are so cute!

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Hey Tina,
We have loved China but are getting ready to come home. We will sure miss our travel group as I know you can relate to, it will be hard to say goodbye.
I have checked your blog while I have been here. I am glad that Kennedi is doing well, not looking forward to the jet lag when we get home.
Maggie, Abby and Hudson are all doing well. We were out this morning and Maggie seemed real sad again, she has those days. She is a beautiful girl. Hudson was cranky also this morning. Denise, Kristy and our family are heading out for more shopping again this afternoon....eating dinner at Lucy's.
Love, sharon