Saturday, April 12, 2008

Women Of Faith Weekend

This weekend we were fortunate enough to attend once again the Women Of Faith Conference and we had a great time! Most of you know that 2 years ago at Women Of Faith is when God told me we were to adopt a child so I'm sure Mark was hesitant letting me go this weekend! :) We had the priviledge to listen to some wonderful speakers and to hear Nicole C. Mullen perform a full concert which was AWESOME! Last night Anita Renfro was there and was a crack-up! If you have not heard her do the "Mom Song", I posted it from You Tube in the post below. What fun! If you have never attended a Women Of Faith Conference, you should!
So, this means Mark had the kids last night and all day today! Kennedi is doing so well and is becoming more outgoing each day. Thursday was her first day in Pre-K and she was doing fine, playing with Mr. Potato Head, and all of the sudden she burst out in tears! A teacher came and held her and told her she could just watch the kids and I told her I'd be right back and left. I was so worried she thought I wasn't coming back for her and she has been through so much already. But by the time I went back 3 hours later, she hardly knew I was there and kept playing in the sandbox! Yesterday she went back and did just fine! I have seen a difference in her since going to school and can tell she's becoming more comfortable. So I thought I'd leave you today with some cute things she says.......

~She used to say yes or nod her head and after the
first day at school all she can say is "yep"!
~When dad is tickling her she says "no thank you please"!
~She is becoming more comfortable and saying "I don't know"
when she doesn't understand or know something
~Nana taught her "see you later alligator" but it sounds like
"see you la-ter, al-li-ga-tor" in her sweet Chinese voice!
~Now when I pick her up from school all she says is "I see Bradley"
~Yesterday she said "go where sun shine" so she could ride her bike
She is just so cute and puts a smile on our faces with her deep voice and broken English! She still will not speak a word of Chinese-it's amazing! Tomorrow she will attempt her first Sunday in her classroom at church so we'll see how that goes and then her first birthday party, Bradley's 8th Birthday is Monday. Will post some pictures in a day or two. Have a blessed rest of your weekend!

1 comment:

Tonya said...

I'm sooo jealous!!! I would love to see Nicole in concert and I love Anita...she is sooo funny! I don't think they have Women Of Faith Conferences around here. I'll have to look on the internet. I may just have to fly out there and pay you a visit some year to go :)

I'm going to our churches ladies retreat for a few days in a couple of weeks so that will be fun! Did that make sense?.?. It's on the ocean so it is beautiful!

Love, Tonya