Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Some Fun In The Sun and First Doctor Appointment





First of all, the pictures above are from Sunday. The first one is Bradley and Kennedi as we were heading out for church. One day last week she said "I go to church"! So cute! I had to say "church is on Sundays". She liked going I guess! And the rest of the pictures are of her and her first time playing in the sprinkler. Yes, for all of you people in other states, I said playing in the sprinkler! It was actually in the 90s this last weekend and I found this cool sprinker type thing at Toys R Us so they had a good time. Now today it is soooo windy and like 62 or some crazy temp, like a 30 degree drop. By Thursday it's going to be back near 90 and by Saturday back to the 60s! Talk about up and down! Anyway, enough of the weather report! Today Kennedi had her first trip to Dr. Thompson's. He's always so good with the kids. She did great and he said she's doing just fine. She weighs 42 pounds! She's come a long way since we got her referral information and she was only at 33 pounds 10 months ago! Then.... she had to have 4 shots! Ugggghhhh, the part I was dreading. Especially because she is starting Kindergarten in August, she has to be all caught up on her immunizations. She was a trouper but I felt so bad for her. She never cried, just kept saying "it hurts, it hurts". Poor thing, sometimes it seems like she thinks she can't cry or get upset. Unfortunately they were out of the chicken pox one so we have to go back next week for that one. :( Then she'll be done, so that's good. So... I leave you today with some other cute things Kennedi has managed to learn to say in her deep raspy voice and broken English-it is the cutest thing ever!

~she now says "in while croc-a-dile" and is getting faster at her "see you later al-li-gator"
~Papa gives the kids "sack of potatoes", lifting them up over his shoulder and he told Kennedi to ask Sissy if she wants a "sack of potatoes" and she said "Sissy, want potatoes?"
~I often say okie dokie but she says "dokie, dokie"
~She constantly (and I mean constantly) asks for Bradley while he's in school and honestly it kinda drives me sometimes crazy. So today I was trying to get her to understand that he's in school and we can't get him until 3:00 so I said "where's Bradley at" and she said
"Cali-forn-ya". I couldn't help but laugh. :)

2 comments:

Sharon said...

She gets cuter every time I see new pictures...
Good to be home.
Hudson went to sleep great tonight for the first time since we have been home..hope it lasts.
Sharon

Anonymous said...

I love reading your blog! Thanks - I love reading how Kennedi learns and adapts.
sharon