Wow, was NOT planning on posting every day this week but I have to tell you the story of my eventful night last night. Here it goes......
The night started out just as every other night has started out since being home with Kennedi. The kids take turn going to the bathroom then I take turn going to each room and tucking them in for bed and saying good-night. Then I sat down for a nice episode of American Idol and Biggest Loser Finale (both on at the same time-very difficult!). Went to bed at my usual time of 10pm and could not fall asleep. At about 11:30 I heard Mark come in and make his usual noise before going to bed. About 10 minutes later, Kennedi was crying in her room. I took her into the living room where she told me she was scared and probably had a nightmare about those shots she received from the nice doctor (although she could not tell me what had scared her). Also because of the shots, she was burning up with fever so I told her I was going to get her some Tylenol. When I gave it to her, she refused to take it which is unlike her. I finally convinced her to put it into her mouth (chewable) and once she did she started crying again and then made herself gag and throw up so she wouldn't have to take it, right on my living room rug. She continued to wimper and cry (much like she did on Gotcha Day) so we just sat on the couch and I could tell she was sooooo tired. I finally got her back to her room and sat with her until she fell asleep, which didn't take long. So.... at about 12:30 I finally make it back to my bed, hoping that she stays asleep. Side note-the reason I go to bed before Mark every night is because as soon as he hits the pillow, his snoring is so annoying that it will keep me awake. So I have to be asleep before he comes to bed or there is little hope for me. Well guess what... he was snoring, constantly, all night long so I could not fall asleep. That's okay I guess because at 1:30 Kennedi was crying once again. Still burning up and saying she was hot, but I didn't want to attempt the whole Tylenol thing again. I sat in there for a little bit but by this time in the morning, I was soooo tired. So I kept asking her what was wrong. Finally she said "I scary" meaning she was scared. She was having a hard time telling me what was scaring her but I kept asking so that I could figure it out and tell her that there was nothing scary. So she finally said "this one" pointing to her door. Then that took awhile trying to figure out what she was pointing at. Finally I had her get up with me to show me what she was pointing at. She would NOT walk and jumped into my arms and held on for dear life. I walked towards the door and she peeked out her door and with her hand pointed to the left said "this way" which was towards our room. Well.... at that instant I knew what she was scared of...... MARK AND HIS LOUD SNORING!!! So.... I took her into our room and showed her it was just dad sleeping. She nodded her head and said okay and I took her back to her bed but this time she would not go back to sleep. I then asked her if she wanted to sleep in our room on the floor and she said yes. So we got out a sleeping bag and her pillow and she layed down by my side of the bed-while Mark snored away, imagine that. So between listening to her toss and turn and grind her teeth and Mark and his snoring, I finally fell asleep at 3:30. ONLY to be woke back up again at 5:30 by Kennedi crying and wimpering again. This time it didn't last long and she went back to sleep and so did I UNTIL Mark's alarm went off at 6am! UGggggggHHHH! She made her way back to her bed at this point, probably because it was getting sunny outside, but was awake at 7am when Bradley was up getting ready for school.
So to make a long story short....... The doctor and the shots gave Kennedi a nightmare, then she was hot with fever, and THEN THERE WAS A MONSTER IN THE HOUSE NAMED SNORING MARK!!! And mom only got maybe 2 1/2 hours of sleep! THE END.
I guess this was our first incident with her so I am sooo blessed! No fever this morning and she said her arms are not sore anymore and that she's feeling better. Hopefully tonight she sleeps well, please pray she does, poor thing! :(










4 comments:
LOL!!!! I'm sorry i'm laughing, but that sounds sooooo funny!!
I hope you get some sleep tonight!
Hope you have a better night tonight Tina. That is so funny that Mark is a snoring monster. Well funny and not funny... it would keep me up too.
Love,
Amorisa
Tina,
Sounds like one fun night! I know my husband snores along with our 115 pound lab laying next to our bed. When it thunderstorms at night, Kyle ends up in bed with Tom and I. We both lie there and laugh at Tom because he snores away. The house could blow away and he'd never know! So my heart goes out to you! Hopefully Kennedy sleeps for you tonight and is feeling better!
Oh my word. This is too funny!
What I want to know is, how did your day go - lot's of coffee????? ;o)
Blessings ~
Post a Comment